For some it’s a big change to move away from home. At the time you lived with your parents you thought they were annoying and demanded a lot from you. All you wanted was to move out, create your own space and take care of yourself. It’s only now you recognized how much they did without your attention or knowledge (…thx mum and dad). We all need some help from time to time so here are some recipes you definitely should try this fall. Modify the recipes to your liking and food preferences. Here are some of my favorite meals that are both easy and fast to make, but still very tasty. that are easy, fast and tasty.
Fried rice with fried egg 4 portions
- 2 red onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 msk canola oil
- 200 g kale
- 6 dl boiled brown rice or “matvete”
- 1 msk sesame oil
- 1⁄2 dl Japanese oil
- 4 eggs
- Start off by peeling and chopping the onions finely. Do the same with the garlic, peel
and chop finely.
- Boil the rice according to the directions on the package
- Fry the red onions in oil on low heat until they soften. Add the garlic, kale and fry
until the kale has softened.
- Mix the rice with the greens and fry for a couple of more minutes.
- Add the sesame oil and soya sauce and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Then fry the eggs in oil.
- Plate the rice and top it off with the fried egg and drizzle some sriracha on top.
- Bon appetit!
Carrot and cheese patties 4 portions
- 500 g carrots
- 300 g grated cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 dl breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 tsk chili flakes
- 2 krm black pepper
- 2 krm salt
- 1⁄2 msk oil
- 4 portions rice
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Boil the rice according to the directions on the package.
- Peel all the carrots. Coarsely grate the carrots and cheese if not using pre-grated
- Mix carrots, cheese, eggs, breadcrumbs, chili flakes, pepper and salt in a bowl.
- Form eight patties and place on a baking sheet. Brush the patties with half of the oil
and put them in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes. Then turn the patties over and
brush them with the rest of the oil and let them cook for five more minutes.
- Serve the patties with rice and a good sauce, don’t forget the greens!
Oven pancake 4 portions
- 4 eggs
- 8 dl milk or oat milk
- 1⁄2 tsk salt
- 4 dl flour
- Optional: bacon
- Serving: lingonberry jam and a salad
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees and place a roasting pan in the oven.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt and flour to a smooth batter.
- Take out the warm roasting pan, grease the pan with butter and add the batter. Put the
pan back in the middle of the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Take it
out and do a poking test, the batter should not stick.
- Fry the bacon and make a salad
- Plate and you are done!
Hope you got some inspiration for the upcoming meals, good luck and hope it tastes!