After a fun weekend, Lundtan wanted to make a delicious Tuesday dinner and looked in the pantry for inspiration. Luckily, we found what most students would have found in theirs; pasta and vodka! After having taken some inspiration from the foodie-YouTubers Philip Cohen’s and Filip Poons’s videos of penne vodka we began our own adventure of making the heavenly dish. If you want to follow the steps we did, look no further! Otherwise, you
could also watch the YouTubers versions here
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtZygoUie40) and here
Ingredients (4 portions):
● Olive oil
● 25 g Butter
● 8 slices of Bacon
● 2 Shallots
● 1 Onion
● 2 cloves of Garlic
● 2 tablespoons of Tomato puree
● 1 deciliter of Vodka
● 1 can of crushed tomatoes
● 400 g Penne pasta
● 2 dl of Cream
● Chili flakes
- Start heating the pasta water.
- Cut the shallots, garlic, and onion and pour them
into a heated pan with the butter and olive oil.
- When the onions have become golden, pour a
tablespoon of tomato puree into the pan and let sit for a minute or two. Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water.
- Now lower the heat on the plate with the onions
and carefully add one deciliter of vodka, then let
the alcohol boils away on medium heat for some
- Then, add the crushed tomatoes and cream into the pan and stir, then let it sit for 5
minutes. Also add salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Now cut bacon into small pieces and let it catch color in a separate pan.
- When the pasta is done, turn off the plate and transfer it to the pan with the cream-mix. Do this with a ladle and let some pasta water follow into the mix.
- Lastly, add the bacon and stir. Taste to see if it needs more salt or pepper, then serve
the delicious dish with some grated parmesan on top and;
9. Buon appetito!